Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a Small Family and Estate Law Firm located in Miami Florida which has been in business for around 6 months. The main attorney has been practicing for over 12 years in Miami, Florida. The firm specializes in Estate Planning, Medicaid Planning, Special Needs Planning, Probate, Guardianships, and Elder Law. The majority of the clients they serve are Spanish-speaking clients. The firm takes a lot of cases concerning disabled children and Medicaid and probate planning related to that. The client currently only has 1 more person working with her who is a part-time paralegal assistant. The client is seeking to integrate an admin assistant who is not shy over the phone and can help her with various tasks.
The VA will need to take the courses of Practice Panther, and learn the system then teach to the paralegal and the main attorney. The VA will be answering calls, and getting back on the missed calls as well. The VA will take information from the clients to make sure they qualify for the services that the Attorney provides. The VA will do calendar management and appointment setting.
Software the client currently uses:
– Microsoft Office
– Practice panther
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Join a new company that has been in business for 6 months and is interested in growing its team.
– Opportunity to work with Spanish-speaking clients.
– Ideal job for VAs who are tech-savvy and friendly over the phone.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Sunday, November 14th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Tuesday, November 16th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Client Management in CRM System
– Download documents from attachments and create new “case files/records/contact” into CRM database
– Take notes and info from each client case and save it into the web-based system
– Upload documents as needed for each case. (Dropbox/Google Drive)
– Input potential clients/leads into the system
– Log the specific costs/purchases/charges used by each paralegal and reconcile on Excel lists
– Convert files into digital format in Excel sheets
– Help the company organize, clean, update, and maintain the client’s database
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– Convert files into digital format in Excel sheets • Help the company organize, clean, update, and maintain the client’s database
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– The VA will have to take courses and learn the new CRM system that the client implemented that is called “Practice Panther”.
2. Answering the Phone & Taking Messages
– Answer calls and ask for client’s information, finding out who they’d like to speak with, etc.
– Transfer the call to the correct person, if not available then take a message
– Answer inbound calls from potential clients and leads
– Make two types of outbound calls A) Call potential leads from a list, and B) Follow-up calls
– The VA may also need to send the client an SMS and email to follow-up, through an internal software
– Use a VOIP phone (Internet phone) provided by the client, which can be accessed through the computer for inbound/outbound calls
– Talk to people who are mainly existing clients, as well as new potential ones
– Pick up the phone, talk to anyone who needs help
3. Filtering & Qualifying New Leads
– Help the law firm talk to all leads and figure out how to qualify new potential leads
– Properly understand the answers to each question to qualify as good or bad leads
– Those who are qualified and good leads will then be asked to book a call with the law firm’s team and/or attorney
4. Calendar Management & Appointment Setting
– Help the law firm’s staff and/or CEO manage his calendar appropriately
– Schedule appointments with clients, and/or clients with other staff using the calendar, as necessary
– Save the appointments into Google Calendar, or any other calendar management system
– Pre-screen new potential clients, and make sure they’re the right fit to be clients
– Prioritize emails, respond to emails, set up email filtering, and delete spam email or other unimportant emails
5. Gathering Clients Info & Obtaining Documents
– Gather information from customers over the phone and email
– Get all their basic info such as their name, family’s name, relatives’ names, etc.
– Gather info about their customer’s last 5 years of places they lived, and where they worked.
– Enter all the information into the proper case management system or CRM
Secondary Tasks (Must be included in your Proposal)
6. Client Communication, Support & Follow-ups
– Answer simple questions if a client calls and asks for an update about a case, court dates, etc.
– If the client asks a law-related question, take a message and/or forward the question to the right paralegal or attorney
– Follow up with clients to make sure the law firm has all the necessary documents, info, and details they need to build their case and submit it to court
– When clients need to make payments, the VA would need to make sure clients pay their bills
– Write monthly letters to clients with a general update on their case
– Take credit card payments over the phone
7. General Admin Tasks
– Help with filing mail that was received on paper and scanned. The mail has to be filed into the correct digital client folder. May involve using Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
– Help with email-related items.
– Help the law firm develop, create and document company’s SOPs (standard operating procedures)
– Write short articles about clients’ stories/cases or legal related topics
– Prepare office reports
– Keep the referrals and partners up-to-date to what happened to clients referred by them
– Improve and organize the documents library, which includes a variety of legal documents, questionnaires, templates, etc.
– Manage online documents, including editing/labeling documents correctly as needed, and/or changing document names
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
– Email sorting and organization
8. Basic Marketing Tasks
– Publish posts on different social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, etc)
– The VA will create basic content via Canva.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Comfortable with making calls and know how to properly communicate with clients.; Great phone personality, be able to be stern and to handle objections, and answer any questions.; Great customer service skills. Must be super friendly and personable on the phone.; Super empathetic, energetic, and understanding the client’s need.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Should be “coachable”, willing to learn new skills, and can follow directions.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Quick learner, willing to learn new things, and able to pick up issues/problems fast.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Great customer skills. Really good with people and friendly.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.; Someone very patient, who could calm and make other people feel at ease under stressful situations.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to manage stressful situations without affecting them on a personal level.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Great multi-tasker, able to prioritize, and have great time management skills.
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.
F) Industry Specific – General Law
Have self-motivation rather than specific legal background/experience.; Willing to represent the company, his/her approach should be friendly and supportive.; Comfortable with talking to clients and listening to their stories.; Empathetic, and zero-judgmental.
– Someone with good communication skills
– Someone proactive and likes to learn
– Someone tech-savvy
– Schedule: 8 hours/day M-F from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST with 1-hour lunch/ break
– Hours: 40 hours/week