Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of a new client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The company is a comprehensive revenue cycle management (RCM) company focused on serving practice groups who care for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum. The company is located in New York with over 200 employees and has been in business since 2013. The CEO of the company has been in the medical billing industry since 1996, however, this company formed with a beautiful beginning as the CEO tried to help a family with the problems that they were going through with their son’s medical bills who is actually suffering from Autism and needed constant medical support. From good gestures, a concept and strong business bloomed to be one of the largest medical billing firms with a specific niche with children diagnosed with Autism. The company works with thousands of medical offices to help with easing the process of medical billing while making sure the patients are being taken care of according to their insurance plan. The company has 7 different teams with different work responsibilities. This initial VA will be joining the Account Management Team to assist with various responsibilities.
Assist the account management member to meet their responsibilities while having a 360-degree birds-eye view of each client’s account with a clear understanding of the growth of the client. Verify the company’s various teams are meeting their responsibilities for each client as well as enrolling group contractors with various carriers and state Medicaid where they operate per state standards.
1. Account Management Team (they group enrollments)
2. Enrollment Team
3. Authorization Team
4. Submissions Team (Billing, scrubbing, and everything is submitted an
5. Reimbursement Team
6. Patient Billing Management
7. Development Team
The company works very closely with an Autism advocacy group.
Software the client currently uses:
– The company sometimes adapts to each clients software
– The company has its own software for contract and rates
– Clickup Time and Task Management
– Microsoft Office
Job Highlights: Why should you apply?
– Opportunity to learn about Revenue Cycle Management
– Great opportunity to support a company focused on helping families in need
– Join a successful company with growth opportunities
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Thursday, November 11th, at 11:30 PM PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for Monday, November 15th, 2021.
Tasks required for the job
1. Data Entry & CRM / EMR Management
– Manage CRM systems like Salesforce, PipeDrive, etc, or other EMR systems
– The VA will set up accounts for clients and groups as needed.
– The VA will be taking notes and summaries during the meetings and putting them in the system.
– Maintain all of the communications and client data up-to-date
– Add new clients & update existing ones into the CRM system
– Process and handle customer support
– Repetitive data entry
2. General Admin Support
– Prepare info as needed prior to meetings
– Prepare summary emails to be sent by the Account manager
– Prepare clients response emails for the account manager
– Stay aware of schedules and to-dos of the provider enrollment team and confirm they are on track
– Gather predesignated information from various MBH teams pertaining to given account handled by the given account manager
– Attend daily meetings with account manager member
– Attend weekly team meetings, completing the to-do’s assigned to the account manager
– Prepare enrollment forms to enroll clients with given carriers
– Other general admin tasks as needed by the company/client
3. Health Insurance Claims, Billing & Coordination
– Communicate with insurance carriers for clarification needs and follow-ups
– Be in sync with the account manager which insurance carrier communication should be solely for the account manager only.
– Search on insurance and Medicaid sites for forms and information needed, update any process or documents in our system
– Call insurance companies to inquire about groups coverage.
– Follow-up on insurance claims by phone or email
4. General Research
– The VA will be needing to read certain questions raised and research to find the appropriate department or government agency to find the answers.
All of our Virtual Latinos VAs must first have these 10 basic qualifications (click to read). Please review this first.
This client is also looking for these requirements:
– 4-year college degree
A) Communication & Language
Excellent written English and Spanish skills. Must be able to draft and send emails and messages to clients.; Excellent verbal English and Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The VA should have total fluency and not have to think of what to say, words should come out very naturally but no need to have a native accent in addition to advanced writing skills and vocabulary. Must have a great memory, be able to remember clients, and/or follow scripts.; Super empathetic, energetic, and understanding the client’s need.
B) Creativity & Proactiveness
Go-getter and/or entrepreneurial attitude.; Someone who can work independently, resourceful to find things on their own.; Not afraid to ask questions, know when to ask for help when needed.; Take ownership, have a great attitude to get things done.; Must know how to propose solutions to problems and be super helpful.
C) People & Relationship
Easy to speak with and a good listener.; Supportive, and always be willing to help.; Must be able to have the great judgment of situations, to decide how/when to act accordingly.
D) Work Load & Stress Management
Project management experience, good at setting timelines, deadlines and fulfilling expectations.; Able to get things done, and have a positive attitude to do things.; Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.; Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing environment.; Great note-taking and notation skills (in writing by hand and/or on the computer).
E) Technology & Software
Computer savvy, able to teach systems and software to others.; Knowledge or willingness to invest time in training themselves on the different platforms of the business.; Should have experience with Microsoft Excel and the overall Microsoft Office.
F) Industry Specific – Healthcare
Someone with previous experience in the HealthCare industry or related.; Must be able to take care of highly confidential and sensitive information.; Should be trustworthy and super professional.; Comfortable handling private and sensitive information.
– Someone with experience in medical billing practice.
– Detail orientated with above-average organizational skills
– Able to plan and prioritize to meet deadlines
– Excellent verbal and written communication (Clear to understand when speaking in English!)
– Communicates clearly and effectively
– Excellent reading comprehension
– Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word
– Thorough understanding of navigating the internet
– Professional writing skills required
– Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5 pm Eastern time with 30 minutes break. Fridays can have an early finish.
– Hours: 40 hours/week