Dear Virtual Latinos,
We’re looking to hire 1 VA in the next 7 days through this job that the Virtual Latinos Agency is publishing on behalf of an existing client.
Client & Short Job Description:
The client is a certified dietitian since 2007, they have the practice to provide medical nutrition therapy. They have a contract with main medical groups and networks, that send patients. They help people get better through nutrition. The practice has lots of patients and dietitians but had to let go of all their staff, due to Covid.19, and now they want to build a virtual team.
The client is currently working with 2 VAs from Virtual Latinos and is looking to hire another to start working with them as soon as possible. They are looking a bilingual, self-starter VA who won´t be afraid to ask questions and has a quiet space at home/office to make calls. See more “Required and Ideal qualifications” below.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: You must apply by Thursday, July 2 at 10 am PT. Our team will set up interviews for the selected candidates for July 3, 2020.
Software Client Uses
– The client uses this medical software: https://www.kareo.com/
Tasks required for the job
1. Set Appointments (Cold & Warm Calling)
– Training will be involved as needed, to learn the client’s scripts, how to set up appointments
– They have very specific goals in terms of # of phone calls and appointments set on a daily basis, 80-100 phone calls/day and set 10-15 appointments/day
– Even if they hit their goals, they have to keep making phone calls.
– Part of the job is to call Medical Practices to offer the nutritionist’s services and send them faxes with the information
– Some people they are calling are considered “Warm”, because the people, for the most part, are aware that a dietician will call them to set up an appointment
– Most of the clients/people are “Medi-cal” patients, which tend to be on a medical plan that’s paid by the government (clients with limited resources), so many people do NOT care about their nutrition. So it IS A CHALLENGE to convince some people to consider to work with a dietitian
– The VA MUST Have experience in sales, as this is a sales job. The VA must learn how to reply to people who say “They’re not interested”. The client has the scripts in English and Spanish.
– The VAs must log their time, work, and keep track of all the type of work/activity they’ve done on a daily basis
– Must ensure that they complete all the digital-paperwork in the Kareo web-based system
– The VA needs to truly understand the value of the services that the nutritionist/dietitian offers so that they can speak with convention and understand the value of seeing a dietitian
– Each consultation is usually $200+, so the patient needs to truly understand the value of seeing a professional nutritionist/dietitian. Thus, because it’s not cheap, the VA must have a great grasp of the values of what changing your diet can do for you
– Must care about patients, can convey a message of help
– Must be a VA that is NOT afraid when a patient/caller might yell at them when they’re mad
– This is a job that is for people who love being on the PHONE and love what they do, which is to help people. This job requires that about 80% of their time is on the phone calling existing lead/patients
– The VA must do data entry into the Kareo.com medical system, enter client’s info, etc
– The VA’s time will be measured through a tracking system that measures the effectiveness of the VA’s work on their computer
– The VA MUST be comfortable to have a tracking system on their computer, which includes the time tracking (which is standard), plus another call-tracking system
– Looking for a self-starter VA who can do things independently and has initiative
– Someone who is NOT afraid to ask questions, and accept when they’re wrong.
– Must already have home office, or private quite space to work from home (not the living room, etc).
– Ideally will have experience working remotely
– Must have a great typing speed (25+ words/min)
– VERY detailed oriented, to not make mistake while adding info into the systems for scheduling and the contacts CRM.
– Bilingual in Spanish/English
– Very courteous over the phone
– Stays on task and is organized
– A VA that knows how to follow protocol and scripts
– Realizes that the more people you call, the more appointments you will schedule
– Must be able to work well under pressure
– Ability to handle the high call volume
– Handles direct customer inquiries and complaints
– Nice to have, but not required: Someone from Colombia
– Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
– Ability to build rapport with clients
– Ability to prioritize and multitask
– Positive and professional demeanor
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Schedule: 9 am-6 pm or 11am- 8 pm PST (1-hour break in the middle).
– Hours: 40 hours/week (full-time)