Virtual Latinos Community: Next Steps on How to Join
Dear Virtual Latino Professional,
Congratulations, you’ve completed the first step to join Virtual Latinos!
Thank you for your interest in the Virtual Latinos community, and for completing the first step in the application process.
The goal of Virtual Latinos is to give you an opportunity to connect with North American businesses who are interested in hiring virtual marketers and assistants to help them grow their companies online – and who’ll pay you more than what you’re probably earning today in your country.
What’s the Next Step?
In order to help American businesses determine whether or not you’re qualified to work for their companies, the Virtual Latinos team needs to learn more about you, your education, skills, English level, work history, and overall profile.
To help us get to know you, please complete the following:
Step 1: Take an online test to estimate your English level.
- Visit this page: Standard English test + Official Personalized English certificate.
- Sign up and complete the free 50-min EF SET English test.
- Note: Do NOT sign-up with Facebook when registering online to take your English test, instead use “Sign-up with Email”.
- Your test results will be aligned with CEFR levels.
- The minimum requirement for Virtual Latinos is 61 points (C1 level).
- Make sure you take note and save the link of your online English Certificate results, you’ll need it for step 6 and for later stages in the process.
- The link to your English results will look like this: https://www.efset.org/cert/czHPTw
- Don’t forget this step, as we can’t accept anyone without an English test result. Be sure to send us your unique link, not the sample above.
- This is the only valid test for this purpose, we won’t accept other tests like TOEFL, IELTS, and others.
- The validity period for your EF SET test results is 1 year. Please retake if your score is older.
Step 2: Take an online test to estimate your Personality type.
Please follow these steps:
- Visit this page: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
- Take the personality test (it takes about 7-8 minutes to complete)
- Once you complete it, click on the “See results –>” button
- Read your results and click “Next”
- Type in your email address to get your results by email. Click on “Send Results”
- Check your email and click on the “View your profile page” button
- Write your name and select your age. Then, click on the “Continue” button
- A window will open automatically. On the right hand side, you will see a “link” button next to three points; click on the “link” button
- A pop-up titled “Share your profile” will open automatically. Proceed to copy the link. The format should look like this: https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/0bb433cbf901a
- Paste the last 13 digits of your unique personality link in the complete Virtual Latinos Application (step 5). Also, make sure you take note and save the link of these results, you’ll need them at a later stage in the process.
- Take the quiz slowly, do NOT do it fast. Take your time, and read every question carefully as the result is important!!!
- Be sure to copy the correct link, otherwise, your application may not be approved
- CORRECT link format: https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/0bb433cbf901a
- WRONG link format: https://www.16personalities.com/estj-personality
- WARNING: Be sure to include the correct, personalized test result link or your application will automatically be ignored.
Step 3: Record an audio/voice note
- You must record an audio/voice note that is at least 50-60 seconds long.
- The content of the voice note must be you talking about yourself naturally, your experience, education, motivation to join us, and anything else you would like us to know about you.
- Valid file formats are: .MP3 ONLY
- You may use a Whatsapp/Telegram Voice note, MP3 recorder, your computer voice recorder, etc, as long as it is in the right format.
- Record and save this audio file for use in step 6.
Step 4: Measure your Internet speed
- Run the speed test on the website Speedtest.net.
- We will only accept screenshots from this website.
- The Speed test has to be run on the COMPUTER that you will use to work.
- Do NOT run the speed test on your cell phone or tablet.
- The minimum speed required to be part of the Virtual Latinos community is 5.00 download Mbps and 2.00 upload Mbps.
- The server location must be in the same city and country you will be working from. This information should match what you stated in your application.
- Take a screenshot of your results, and save the image. Keep your results handy to use in step 6.
- The screenshot must include the result ID.
Step 5: Update your Resume/CV
- Edit your resume/CV as necessary, to include your latest information, work, and experience history.
- Your resume/CV must be written in English. Thus, if you don’t already have it in English, please translate it first.
- Save your resume/CV in PDF format, as we won’t accept any other format.
- You will need your latest CV for step 6.
Step 6: Complete the Full Application
- Complete the Virtual Latinos Full Application (Check the link in the email!)
- Completing the application takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Attach the files/results that you obtained in steps 1 to 5 in the relevant sections within the application.
- Submit your application once you’ve completed it.