|Table of Content|
What Is a Virtual Assistant?
Virtual assistant jobs are becoming increasingly popular today. More people want to work from home, are looking for remote careers, or have the freedom and ability to travel around the world while they complete their work. Many people do not know what excellent English writing skills can do for their resumes, but it is easier to become a successful bilingual virtual assistant if you have great English writing skills.
A virtual assistant is a contracted worker who can assist with general business administrative remote jobs, such as social media management, digital marketing, and customer support. These workers free up time for small business owners and entrepreneurs to take care of higher-level work. A bilingual virtual assistant can have remote careers, working digitally from home or in an office. They may be based out of the United States or other areas of the world, such as Costa Rica, Colombia, and Venezuela. One of the most significant benefits of being a virtual assistant is the flexibility offered with work hours. While some virtual assistants are freelancers, others work under an agency where often a recruitment team will match you with a business according to the best fit. When working as a virtual assistant through an agency, you fully commit to the company you work for. Though you may still undergo an interview process to be selected for a project or virtual assistant job, the agency will attract companies looking to hire.
Virtual Latinos offers the following virtual assistant careers to any qualified bilingual virtual assistant:
- Administrative Assistant
- Virtual Marketer
- Customer Support
- Sales & Customer Representatives
- Writers & Bloggers
- Project & Operations Managers
- Branding & Graphic Designers
- Social Media Marketers
- E-mail & Automation Experts
- Web Designers
- Advertising Experts (PPC)
- and More!
How to Become a Virtual Assistant?
So, you want to know how to become a virtual assistant? First, it’s important to know what you’re getting yourself into. While virtual assistant jobs can be amusing, flexible, and financially beneficial, they also require hard work and consistency.
Here are some steps you can take to become a bilingual virtual assistant:
- Qualify for the position: Many bilingual virtual assistant jobs will be looking for candidates with exemplary language skills, meaning they can read, write, and speak smoothly in both languages. You must also be qualified for whichever skills they are looking for in that virtual assistant job. Overall, you will find communication skills are necessary for being a virtual assistant.
- Determine the basics: Think about what you will need to be paid to cover all your expenses, especially if you are freelancing. You should also think about what kinds of positions you qualify for, and which positions you will be aiming to get as a virtual assistant.
- Have the necessary equipment for your services: It is essential to ensure that you have all the required equipment to fulfill the services you are committing to provide. Since most, if not all, of your work, will be virtual, be sure to have an updated computer and reliable internet.
- Apply for the job: When you are ready to apply, start your application with Virtual Latinos.
What Are the Duties of a Virtual Assistant?
The duties of a bilingual virtual assistant vary depending on the company and the type of virtual assistant work you will be doing. Some virtual assistants are hired for a general admin position, while others are hired to do specified work for a company. Some responsibilities of a virtual assistant would be handling the scheduling, communications, planning events, bookkeeping, website design work, social media managing, and more.
A bilingual virtual assistant with excellent copywriting skills is often highly sought out since these skills are valuable in the world of digital marketing. Here are some of the jobs that Virtual Latinos offers to businesses and entrepreneurs for which you could qualify if you have copywriting skills:
- General Administrative Support: Organize digital files, bookkeeping
- General Marketing Tasks: Content creation & copywriting, social media management
- General Sales Tasks: Follow-up with leads and potential clients
- Legal Support: Prepare case indexes
- Healthcare Support: Data entry, CRM/EMR Management
- Real Estate Assistance: Contract management and follow up
What Skills Do You Need to be a Successful Bilingual Virtual Assistant?
Having a successful virtual assistant career is much easier when you have the necessary skills to back up your craft. The following are the much-needed skills you will need to have to be a successful bilingual virtual assistant:
- Communication Skills: One of the most crucial skills you will need as a bilingual virtual assistant is exemplary communication skills. You must understand and communicate perfect Spanish or Portuguese and English on both sides of the Atlantic. These communication skills are also necessary to land high-paying virtual assistant jobs that require copywriting ability.
- Time Management and Organizational Skills: Managing your time is essential when working for businesses properly. Handling multiple tasks at once while following deadlines is a must-have skill for virtual assistants. Companies feel they are getting more for their money and are more likely to commit to a long-term relationship when you can efficiently manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent Technological Skills: Much of what you will be accomplishing as a virtual assistant will be in the digital world. It is necessary to have technological skills that will help you problem-solve through your digital work swiftly and with ease.
- Self-Motivated Learner: As a virtual assistant, you will often be asked to learn about new up-and-coming platforms in the digital world. There will always be tasks that you are not quite sure how to complete with this position. You must have the necessary skills to do research and teach yourself how to do these tasks that you may have never before accomplished.
Five Careers to Shine as a Virtual Assistant If You Have Great English Writing Skills
When you have English writing skills as a bilingual virtual assistant, there are a plethora of virtual assistant careers at your disposal. These high-paying positions require excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to English writing. Here are five jobs to shine as a virtual assistant if you have excellent English writing skills:
- Administrative Virtual Assistant: Complete various tasks for a company or business that may include written communication skills. As an administrative virtual assistant, you may handle phone calls, email communications, calendar scheduling, paperwork, and expense accounting. Administrative tasks help keep a business running smoothly and efficiently. In this role, you can help a business stay organized and maintain a positive interface with its clients or customers.
- Paralegal Virtual Assistant: In this position, you may organize files, complete legal research, manage schedules, book and plan travel, create presentations, transcribe recordings, and draft documents. Managing an efficient legal practice takes long hours and a lot of work. As a paralegal virtual assistant, you can help a law firm tremendously by handling their administrative tasks and basic legal knowledge. When you offer your services as a paralegal virtual assistant, you can help attorneys free up time and energy to focus on their other legal responsibilities.
- Live Translator Virtual Assistant: Completing live translations for different businesses is the bulk of this position, requiring excellent translating skills. You may translate to customers on behalf of a brand, or in the fields of healthcare, education, travel, and banking. By translating information in real-time, not only can you provide an excellent service experience for consumers and patients, but a standout impression of a business. Live translation improves the experience and adds personalized, human contact.
- Copywriting Virtual Assistant: In this position, you will put your writing skills to work, creating web pages, landing pages, whitepapers, blog posts, social media posts, email newsletters, etc. Copywriting virtual assistants add tremendous value to a business. Businesses benefit from copywriting virtual assistants’ ability to enhance the company voice with creativity, research skills, knowledge of SEO, and the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant: Digital Marketing requires written skills to help with copywriting work within the field and pitching and other communication that happens in the digital marketing world. Being knowledgeable in the marketing field helps a business grow and expand its outreach. As a digital marketing virtual assistant, businesses can rely on you for analyzing strategies, getting to know the competition, managing social media platforms, managing blogs, researching keywords, curating email marketing, newsletters, and managing their website.
How Can I Improve My English Writing Skills?
Improving your English skills will help you reach a new and better position in the world of virtual assistants. It is a necessary tool to move up in your career as a virtual assistant. The best way to improve your English writing skills is to keep practicing the language. Writing for pleasure can be a great way to find enjoyment while improving your writing skills. Another way to improve your English writing skills is to read in English. You can read anything in English that you enjoy. Reading is a great way to learn the language on a deeper level. A great free app that you can use to practice your English skills in different ways is Duolingo. You can practice your English skills by listening, writing, and speaking while having fun and competing with others.
What Are the Best Ways to Find Work as a Bilingual Virtual Assistant?
In this day and age, there are more and more people who want to work from home, so there are more and more jobs that cater to this desire. These jobs are incredibly beneficial because they allow people to work from anywhere in the world as long as they have access to a computer and the internet. There are several ways to find work as a bilingual virtual assistant.
Common platforms for finding a job as a bilingual virtual assistant include Upwork and Fivver. You can build your own client base if you are well-connected in a network of business owners. But not everyone has access to a professional network, and it can take several years to build a solid and consistent network for freelance work.
Virtual Latinos is an outstanding agency for bilingual virtual assistance work. Unlike networks like Fivver and Upwork, Virtual Latinos’ virtual assistants are fully bilingual and proficient in both written and spoken English and Spanish. If a company is looking for a bilingual virtual assistant, they will likely turn to Virtual Latinos. The best way to find work is to apply to Virtual Latinos for permanent, long-term work.